How long does it take to get a passport in Ethiopia?
Your passport or ID card will be ready in about 3 weeks. You may be asked to provide additional documents to help us assess your application.
What do I need for Ethiopian passport?
- Be valid and have at least six (6) months of validity as of the date of entry to Ethiopia.
- Have at least two (2) blank pages left.
- Enable you to travel to Ethiopia with an eVisa (see eligible countries below)
How do I renew my Ethiopian passport?
- The actual passport.
- Two copies of Expired Passport.
- Service fee $50.00 must be in money order or Cashiers Check or Certified bank check.
- Fingerprint of the Applicant and a copy of it.
- A self addressed return envelope with sufficient prepaid postage (for those using mail service)
How strong is Ethiopian passport?
The Ethiopian passport is ranked 95th in the Henley Passport Index’s list of the world’s strongest passports, permitting access to 44 destinations without having to apply for a visa in person at an embassy before traveling.
Does Ethiopia allow dual citizenship?
The Ethiopian legal system strictly prohibits dual citizenship. … The nationality laws of Ethiopia require citizens intending to renounce their Ethiopian nationality in the process of acquiring a foreign nationality, to inform the Ethiopian Security, Immigration and Refugee Affairs Authority in advance.
What Colour is Ethiopian passport?
The document is a biometric machine-readable passport with a burgundy cover with the text “Federal Democratic Republic of Ethiopia” above the coat of arms, and the text “passport” below it in English and Amharic. The passport is valid for 5 years and contains 32 pages.
Do you need a passport to go to Ethiopia?
To enter Ethiopia, all nationals must have a passport valid for six months from the date you intend to enter the country.
Can I travel to Ethiopia with expired passport?
A Valid Passport
Immigration agents may refuse to allow visitors to stay in the country if their passports are due to expire in less than six months.
How long does it take to get a visa for Ethiopia?
Visa applications are normally processed within 24 hours though on rare occasions the process can take up to three (3) days. Once approved the eVisa is sent to the applicant by email.
How many countries can you travel with Ethiopian passport?
As of 2 July 2019, Ethiopian citizens had visa-free or visa on arrival access to 41 countries and territories, ranking the Ethiopian passport 99th in terms of travel freedom (tied with passports from Congo (Dem. Rep.), South Sudan and Sri Lanka) according to the Henley Passport Index.
How much is Ethiopian yellow card?
However if you have yellow (manual) card, submitting a fingerprint is mandatory. Payment of $200 in the form of money order payable to Consulate General of Ethiopia. A self addressed return Envelope with sufficient prepaid Postage ((UPS, or USPS EXPRESS MAIL)).
Where can I go with Ethiopian passport?
Ethiopian citizens can travel 15 visa free countries
- Kenya. Visa Free. 3 months • …
- Palestine. Visa Free. Ramallah • Middle East • In contention. …
- Benin. Visa Free. 3 months • …
- Singapore. Visa Free. 1 month • …
- Svalbard. Visa Free. …
- Philippines. Visa Free. …
- Barbados. Visa Free. …
- Dominica. Visa Free.