How can I open a Western Union account in Nigeria?
Register your profile in 3 simple steps
- Full name.
- Valid BVN (Bank Verification Number)
- Mobile phone number / Email address.
- Country of birth.
- Date of birth.
How do I receive money from Western Union in Nigeria?
- Visit one of the 4,500+ Western Union agent locations1 in Nigeria.
- Provide your sender’s name, the amount expected and the tracking number (MTCN).
- Show a government-issued ID.
- Get your money once your details have been verified.
How can I open Western Union account?
Register and get started with Western Union
- Register. online. Fill-in online. registration. form. Get started.
- Verify. email. Visit the nearby GraceKennedy. location and provide the same ID. you used for online registration. …
- Enjoy sending. money. After you receive a profile. verification email, you can start. sending money online.
Can I use Western Union app in Nigeria?
Sending Money from Nigeria
Can I send money from Nigeria through Western Union? Yes. You can send money from most of our agent locations in Nigeria.
Is Western Union banned in Nigeria?
On Aug. 2, Nigeria’s Central Bank issued a new directive (pdf) limiting the operations of money transfer operators (MTO) in the country. … As a result, only three MTOs—Western Union, MoneyGram and Ria—were left free to operate in the country.
Which bank is using Western Union?
The Western Union service is instant, secure, reliable, and a convenient payment service that enables Beneficiaries receive FX remittances in Nigeria. Remittances are processed in GTBank via the options below; USD Cash Pick Up Service in any GTBank branch.
How do I receive money from WorldRemit in Nigeria?
How to receive a cash pickup transfer in Nigeria
- Ensure your sender uses your name as it appears on your ID and Bank Verification Number.
- Both you and your sender will receive a WorldRemit reference number and PIN after your sender completes the transaction on the WorldRemit app or website.
Why is it so hard to send money to Nigeria?
Sending money to Nigeria from USA or from any other country is often a big help for your relatives and your friends living there. But it can be hard as well because of the strict money transfer regulations because of the anti money laundering rules.
What is the best way to send money to Nigeria?
If you want to send money to a bank account in Nigeria, we recommend using a specialist currency provider. If you’re transferring under $300 or equivalent, your best options include WorldRemit, TransferWise, Xoom or MoneyGram.
How much does it cost to send $100 Western Union?
The fee is $4.50 to transfer up to $50 and $9.50 to send up to $900. Western Union, in comparison, charges $5 for a money transfer of up to $50, but a transfer of $900 could cost $76. There are a number of price points in between, dependent on the amount of money to transfer.
What documents do I need to receive money from Western Union?
The full name as per the sender’s ID or passport, street (or postal) address, city, country and contact numbers of the person sending the money. When receiving money in South Africa, the receiver must provide the following information from the sender: MTCN.
Why can’t I pick up my money from Western Union?
or call 1-800-325-6000 (Espanol: 1800-325-4045) within 180 days of the date the funds should have been made available to the recipient.