Opening a bank account in Ghana is not difficult. This should not take more than 3 days day if all the necessary documents and requirements are available. Commercial banks in Ghana operate from Monday to Friday. Usually open at 8:30 am and close around 4:30 to 5 pm.
How much do I need to open a bank account in Ghana?
The amount needed to open an account in Ghana varies considerably. However, the minimum amount needed may vary between $6 and $9 depending on whether the account is a current account or a personal account.
How do I open a bank account in Ghana?
Application requirements for SME and Corporate customers:
- Certificate of Incorporation.
- Certificate to commence business.
- A copy of company regulations.
- Resolution from Board of Directors.
- Certificate of registration.
- Registration of Business Act (Form A).
- Two passport-sized photographs.
How many days does it take to open a bank account?
Sometimes you will instantly be approved and the bank account opened. However, depending on the financial institution, it may take a day or so to be processed and your account number issued. Your account information and ATM or debit card will then be mailed to you, which usually takes between five to 10 days.
Which bank account is best in Ghana?
Top 6 Best Savings Accounts in Ghana (2020)
- Our Favorite Account Overall: ABSA’s Savings Account.
- Best for the Highest Interest Rate: OmniBank’s Savings Account.
- Best Savings Accounts for Foreign Currencies: SC’s Saving Account.
- An Overall Good Account: Zenith Bank’s Savings Account.
Can I use Ghana card to open bank account?
Receipt of Banking Services: A Ghana Card holder can use the card as an identity verification document when opening a bank account, withdrawing money from the bank, or receiving money transfers in Ghana.
Which bank account is best to open?
Top Banks that have the Best Savings Account for Individuals
- State Bank of India (SBI) Savings Account.
- HDFC Bank Savings Account.
- Kotak Mahindra Bank Savings Account.
- DBS Bank Savings Account.
- RBL Bank Savings Account.
- IndusInd Bank Savings Account.
What are the requirements for opening a bank account?
Documents Required to Open a Savings Bank Account
- PAN card.
- Driving License.
- Voter’s ID.
- Employee ID.
- Bank passbook.
- Ration card.
What is the difference between current account and savings account?
Know the difference between a Current Account and Savings Account. A savings account is a deposit account which allows limited transactions, while a Current Account is meant for daily transactions.
How do I open a business bank account?
Current Account for Individuals (business purpose)
- One Identity proof from: PAN Card, Passport, Voter Identity Card, Driving License, Aadhaar Card. …
- One Address proof from: Passport, Voter Identity Card, Driving License, Aadhaar Card. …
- Recent Colour Photograph.
- PAN/Form 49 A along with Form 60 if applied for PAN.
Which banks give debit cards immediately?
What Banks Give You a Debit Card on the Spot? Instant Debit Cards Listed
- Altra Federal Credit Union.
- American National Bank & Trust Company.
- First National Bank and Trust Company.
- First United Bank & Trust.
- IBC Bank.
- Navy Federal Credit Union.
- NBT Bank.
How many days does it take to get new debit card?
In many cases, customers can expect to receive new debit cards within five to 10 business days, depending on the bank. If you don’t remember or weren’t told what time frame your bank policy offers for receiving debit cards, call the bank or visit its website to read through the debit card policy statements.
How much time it takes to open a savings account?
Opening a Savings Account is a simple task that may take, at best, an hour, sometimes even 15 minutes. Most banks usually have similar procedures, so it is fairly easy to open a Savings Account. You can do this in two ways: Apply in person, at the bank.