How many sick leaves are there in Mauritius?
Sick Leave in Mauritius
Employees are generally entitled to 21 days of paid sick leave per year.
What is the normal working hours in Mauritius?
HOURS OF WORK
(1) The Employee shall be required to work 45 hours per week as normal working hours, made up as follows: (a) 8 hours’ work on every day, other than a Saturday or a public holiday; and (b) 5 hours’ work on every Saturday, other than a public holiday.
How do you ask for a sick leave message?
General Sick Leave Messages to Boss
- Hello, it is to bring in your notice that I am very sick and cannot even do anything on my own. …
- Hi, I hope you are having a good day. …
- Hi, it is to inform you that I am having vomiting’s from two days. …
- Hi, it is to be stated that I am very sick.
What is a local leave?
Local Leave (Casual Leave):
This is a type of short leave, ideally ten days, which one can take to attend to personal issues if provided for by the employment contract. These days are normally reduced from the accumulated annual leave days explained above.
How is Mauritius end of year bonus calculated?
End of year bonus shall be calculated based on the ‘earnings’ of an employee during the calendar year. The bonus will be one-twelfth of the earnings of the employee. Earnings include basic wage or salary, overtime payment, any bonus related to productivity, commission and other regular payments.
Is Saturday a working day in Mauritius?
Saturday : 9 am – noon (Skeleton service).
Is Sunday counted in leave?
Saturdays and Sundays shall not be counted as days of annual leave except in cases covered by Section 9, third paragraph. … While on annual leave, an employee shall receive holiday pay if he or she has earned such pay in accordance with Section 7.
How many sick leaves can be taken in a month?
Section 7 (Rule 28) – These employees are eligible for one month medical leave for every 18 months of service rendered at half the wages. Any person covered under the Act can avail sick leave of not less than one-eighteenth of the service period at half the wages.