Current statistics show that health institutions rendering health care in Nigeria are 33,303 general hospitals, 20,278 primary health centers and posts, and 59 teaching hospital and federal medical centers.
How many hospitals are in Nigeria?
Private health facilities are thought to include around 2,600 private hospitals and clinics. Nigeria had an estimated 134,000 hospital beds in 2014, equal to 0.8 per thousand populations, well below the rate for the African region.
How many federal hospitals are in Nigeria?
According to the federal ministry of health Nigeria, there are 22 federal hospitals or medical centers usually abbreviated as FMCs in Nigeria distributed in various states of the federation including the federal capital territory Abuja.
Where is the largest hospital in Nigeria?
“Bara” (as it is affectionately called in South Africa) is reputed to be the largest hospital in the world, with approximately 3,200 beds. It is at the entrance of Soweto in Johannesburg. It is a teaching hospital for the University of Witwatersrand Medical School.
How many federal teaching hospitals are in Nigeria?
List of Federal Medical Centres in Nigeria. Though Federal Medical Centres (FMC) are also teaching hospitals, I decided to separate them from others for ease of search and reading. There are 25 FMCs in Nigeria right now.
Who is the best hospital in Nigeria?
|1||2091||Neuropsychiatric Hospital Aro Abeokuta|
|2||6167||Nordica Fertility Centre Lagos|
|4||11209||Saint Nicholas Hospital|
What is the best university to study medicine in Nigeria?
What are the 10 Best Medical Schools/Universities in Nigeria 2021?
- University of Ibadan, Oyo State – Best University to study Medicine in Nigeria. …
- Obafemi Awolowo University. …
- Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria. …
- University of Lagos, Akoka. …
- Lagos State University, Ojo – best medical schools in Nigeria.
What are the types of hospital?
Hospitals may be further graded depending on the type of care they provide (indicative) or the services they provide, such as:
- Speciality Hospitals.
- General Medical & Surgical Hospitals.
- Teaching Hospitals.
- Psychiatric Hospitals.
- Clinics for Family Planning and Abortion.
- Hospices & Palliative Care Centers.
Which Government hospital is the best in Nigeria?
The 10 Best Government Hospitals in Nigeria in 2020
- Reddington Hospital: Phone: +234(0)12715341. …
- Noma Children Hospital Sokoto: Phone: +234 8035813427. …
- Abuja Clinics: …
- Saint Nicholas Hospital. …
- Nordica Fertility Center. …
- Bridge Clinic. …
- Neuro-Psychiatric Hospital. …
- The University of Port Harcourt Teaching Hospital (UPTH)