Salary range for the majority of workers in Clearing and forwarding agents – from ₦22,323.65 to ₦110,984.74 per month – 2021. Clearing and forwarding agents carry out customs clearing procedures and ensure that insurance, export/import licences and other formalities are in order.
How do I become a clearing agent in Nigeria?
CUSTOMS CLEARING AGENT: DOCUMENTS NEED FOR FRESH LICENCE APPLICATION WITH THE NIGERIAN CUSTOMS:
- FORM SALE 135.
- FORM SALE 158.
- CERTIFICATE OF INCORPORATION OF COMPANY.
- MEMORANDUM AND ARTICLE OF ASSOCIATION (CUSTOMS AGENT)
- SHARE CAPITAL OF NGN10,000,000.00 FULLY PAID.
- CERTIFIED LIST OF DIRECTORS FORM C.
How do you become a clearing agent?
Diploma in Customs Clearance work from any Institute or University recognized by the Government with a working knowledge of computers and customs procedures, or is a graduate having at least three years experience in transacting Custom House Agent work as a G-Card holder, or a person who has passed the examination …
How can I learn Clearing and forwarding in Nigeria?
How to Start a Clearing and forwarding Business and Make Money
- Make the decision:
- Gain the necessary experience:
- Identify a niche:
- Come up with a business plan:
- Get your project funded:
- Get the necessary license:
- Get a Lawyer or Attorney:
- Network with the shipping companies:
Who is a clearing and forwarding agent?
Clearing and forwarding agents creates a link between the owners of means of transport and owners of goods. They help in efficient movement of goods to the buyers by completing a number of documentary and procedural formalities.
What is a clearing agent?
A clearing agent is essentially an agent who specifically takes care of the customs clearance aspect of the business.. … Apart from the obvious function of lodging documentation with customs, a clearing agent has many other equally important responsibilities which affect them directly and also their clients..
Is clearing and forwarding lucrative?
Freight forwarding business in Nigeria is amongst one of the most lucrative but not many Nigerians have explored the chance to make money in it, due to ignorance or lack of knowledge. … If your dream is becoming a clearing agent in Nigeria, then this piece is for you.
What does a customs clearance agent do?
The Customs Clearance Agent is a professional in the field of foreign trade responsible for clearing the duties and documentation on the import and export all types of goods and merchandise, in compliance with customs regulations and government regulations.
What is the difference between freight forwarder and clearing agent?
A freight forwarder has to see to it that the cargo is forwarded as according to the instructions of the client. A clearing agent on the other hand arranges to pass the concerned documents at customs. … A freight forwarder normally is the one who prepares bills of lading and the concerned shipping documentation.
What is the role of a clearing agent?
Clearing Agents’s role:
The clearing agent acts on behalf of the shipper (importer or exporter depending on the INCO Terms) and arranges for the customs clearances of the imported goods. The role entails: … Collecting payment from the shipper for duties and taxes / VAT and making payment to Customs / SARS authorities.
How do freight forwarders get clients?
Here are seven lead generation tips for freight forwarders:
- Study your competition and make a difference: …
- Deliver a functional website: …
- Offer your audience good content: …
- Lean on visual content to deliver your message: …
- Choose one social media channel to focus on: …
- Start developing email marketing campaigns:
How do I set up a clearing and forwarding business?
How to start a clearing and forwarding company
- Get your licensing details in order. Before you can run a clearing and forwarding company in Kenya, you must first be registered and recognized as a legal operator. This involves getting the relevant licenses and documentation. …
- Make the necessary payments. Image: pexels.com.
What is the difference between clearing and settlement?
Settlement is the actual exchange of money, or some other value, for the securities. Clearing is the process of updating the accounts of the trading parties and arranging for the transfer of money and securities.
What are the roles of clearing and forwarding agents?
Role of Clearing and Forwarding Agent in Foreign Trade
- Advising exporters on trade laws.
- Providing transport and handling cost information.
- Packing, marking and labeling.
- Arranging transport.
- Completing customs and port formalities.
- Preparing and procuring documents.
- Educating exporters on developments in transportation.