|Type of Permit Applied||Amount paid in Bank|
|Learners / Provisional Driving Permit||60,000 paid in the bank|
|Testing fees for each class||25,000 paid in the bank|
|Full / New Driving permit 1 year||135,000 paid in the bank|
|Full / New Driving permit 3 years||230,000 paid in the bank|
How much does a driving permit cost in Uganda?
URA gives details about new driving license issuance process
|Driver License Type||NTR Fees (UGX)||Total|
|Learner Driving License||30,000||60,000|
|Test Fees Each Class||25,000||25,000|
|New Driving License (1 year)||55,000||135,000|
|New Driving License (3 years)||150,000||230,000|
What is required to get a driving permit in Uganda?
For non EAC members: Valid passport, a visa valid for at least one year, Work permit, dependent pass or Student pass. Fully filled Driving Permit Application/Medial Form (Form UCDP1) obtained from the www.ura.go.ug or www.works.ug or www.ucdp.co.ug or from any Face Technologies offices countrywide.
How long does it take to get a driving license in Uganda?
For Kampala, the applicant will receive the driving permit within 60 minutes while it will take up to 48 hours for upcountry offices. A driving permit will be lapsed if it is not renewed within a period of 5 years from the date of the last issue as per the Road and Traffic Safety Act, 1998).
How long does it take to get drivers permit?
In most U.S. states, it can take 2 to 6 months if you are a first-time applicant. You have to obtain a learner’s permit first before you can get your permanent driver’s license. However, it will only take you around 1 hour and 30 minutes to process your application.
How long does it take to renew driving permit in Uganda?
You’ll then be verified and a new permit will be processed within 60 minutes if you are in Kampala or wait for up to 48 hours for upcountry offices.
How do I renew my learners permit in Uganda?
- Go to TLB, Banks, URA Portal to generate the Renewal’ assessment form (PRN) Application for medical permit and Application for renewal of permit.
- Fill the application form, sign it and ensure you are examined by a registered medical practitioner for physical examination.
How do I get an international driving permit in Uganda?
You must always have your IDP along with your national license at all times. To get an International Driving Permit in Uganda, visit AA Uganda. IN PERSON: Visit the offices of Automobile Association of Uganda and request for the application forms for an International Drivers Licence/permit (IDP)
How old do you have to be to drive in Uganda?
Like other countries in the world, driving in Uganda also has minimum age and you can drive a vehicle as long as you are 18 years and above. If you are planning to hire a car for your tour, then you should be 23 years and must have a valid driver license valid for about 2 years.
Where can I get my driver’s permit in Uganda?
Uganda – Learner Driver License (Learner Permit)
- Apply Online:
- Apply In-Person:
- Uganda Registration Services Bureau: Plot 5 George Street, Georgian House, Kampala. …
- MINISTRY OF WORKS AND TRANSPORT: Off Jinja Road/ Old Port Bell Rd, …
- Uganda Revenue Authority (URA): Headquaters. …
- Face Technologies Offices:
How do I renew my permit in Uganda 2021?
Procedures For Application For Driving License in a nutshell
- Go to the URA Portal to generate the Renewal assessment form.
- Go to the bank (of your choice) and pay appropriate fees(UGX 310,000/UGX. …
- Go to the UDLS Offices with the bank receipt [of (ii) above], together with your.
How do I replace a lost driver’s permit in Uganda?
How to replace a lost driving permit in Uganda
- Report to the police. Begin by reporting the permit loss of your driving permit at the nearest police station. …
- Pay duplicate fees. Visit URA web portal and go to eServices. …
- Go to any URA branch; …
- Attach and go to any Face Technologies branch near you.