Microbiology is quite a lucrative profession in Nigeria and possibly other countries in Africa and the world at large, so if you intend on getting into this profession or you just graduated from the university as a microbiologist, you are lucky as this job pays well.
Which university is best for Microbiology in Nigeria?
TOP 10 MICROBIOLOGY SCHOOLS IN NIGERIA PRESENTLY
- UNIVERSITY OF NIGERIA, NSUKKA.
- UNIVERSITY OF PORT HARCOURT, CHOBA.
- UNIVERSITY OF ILORIN.
- CHUKWUEMEKA ODUMEGWU OJUKWU UNIVERSITY, ULI.
- AHMADU BELLO UNIVERSITY, ZARIA.
- BABCOCK UNIVERSITY, ILISHAN REMO.
Where can microbiologist work in Nigeria?
Where Do Microbiologists Work?
- Public and private Hospitals/Clinics;
- General health associations;
- Environmental associations;
- Industries like the Petroleum, Pharmaceuticals, Food and Drink, Toiletries and Water;
- Scientific laboratorys and research bodies.
How much do microbiologist earn in Nigeria?
Microbiologists in government hospitals earn between N80, 000 – N120, 000 for a start while their colleagues in private institutions earn between N50, 000 – N80, 000.
How many years does it take to study microbiology in Nigeria?
In Nigeria, if you gain admission to study Microbiology at the university through JAMB UTME, you will study Microbiology for four years.
|How many years||3 – 4 Years|
|Who can study this couse||Science student|
|Cut off mark||Varies|
What are the 5 branches of Microbiology?
- Bacteriology: the study of bacteria.
- Mycology: the study of fungi.
- Protozoology: the study of protozoa.
- Phycology/algology: the study of algae.
- Parasitology: the study of parasites.
- Immunology: the study of the immune system.
- Virology: the study of viruses.
- Nematology: the study of nematodes.
Which university can I study Microbiology in Nigeria?
List of Universities that offer Microbiology as a course
- Abia State University, Uturu.
- Abubakar Tafawa Balewa University, Bauchi.
- Achievers University Owo.
- Adekunle Ajasin University, Akungba-Akoko.
- Adeleke University, Ede, Osun State.
- Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria.
- Ajayi Crowther University, Oyo.
Which course is best for high salary?
Below mentioned are the top ten courses which a student with science subjects in their 10+2 can choose from depending on their aptitude and interests.
- Medicine. …
- Engineering. …
- BBA. …
- LLB (Bachelor of Law) …
- Bachelor in Statistics. …
- Bachelor in Computer Application. …
- Bachelor of Science in Hotel Management. …
- B.Sc in IT and Software.
Which is the best field in microbiology?
Microbiology Major Best Jobs
- Quality Assurance AssociateQuality Assurance SpecialistSenior Quality Engineer. …
- Medical Laboratory TechnicianLaboratory TechnicianMedical Technologist. …
- Medical Laboratory TechnicianLaboratory TechnicianMicrobiologist. …
- Microbiological Laboratory TechnicianLaboratory TechnicianScientist.
Which is better biochemistry or microbiology?
The candidates can pursue different jobs after pursuing a degree in BSc Microbiology including a private job, or a government job. … The candidates have higher career growth in BSc Biochemistry due to increasing demands in the industries. The candidates can go for either private or government based jobs.
Which job is the highest paid in Nigeria?
The ten highest paying jobs in Nigeria are:
- CEO/BUSINESS MOGUL. One of the most demanding jobs of our day is the job of the CEO or a business owner. …
- PETROLEUM ENGINEER. …
- AERONAUTIC ENGINEER. …
- SURGEON. …
- PILOT. …
- TELECOMS ENGINEER. …
- INVESTMENT BANKER. …
How much does a dentist earn in Nigeria?
On the average, entry-level dentists earn N140, 000 – N200, 000 (for a start) in private hospitals in Nigeria while dentists in government hospitals earn about N180, 000 – N280, 000. In addition, dentists in federal hospitals earn more than those in state hospitals. The salary structure is dependent on many factors.
How much do doctor earn in Nigeria?
A person working in Doctor / Physician in Nigeria typically earns around 796,000 NGN per month. Salaries range from 292,000 NGN (lowest average) to 1,340,000 NGN (highest average, actual maximum salary is higher). This is the average monthly salary including housing, transport, and other benefits.
What are the best science courses to study in Nigeria?
Best Science Courses to Study in Nigeria
- Computer Science.
- Veterinary Medication.
- Chemical and Petroleum Engineering.
What can I become if I study microbiology?
Jobs directly related to your degree include:
- Academic researcher.
- Biomedical scientist.
- Clinical research associate.
- Clinical scientist, immunology.
- Food technologist.
- Medicinal chemist.
How difficult is microbiology?
Microbiology is a hard subject to study. It’s very detail heavy; requiring you to remember a lot of facts about microscopic organisms, morphologies and modes of action. Without some basic knowledge of biology and chemistry, or the ability to memorize things easily, it’s likely you’ll struggle.