There are six IB World Schools in Kenya, which all teach in English, while five are authorised to offer the International Baccalaureate Diploma.
How many international schools are there?
There are now about 8,000 international schools around the world, teaching 4.26 million students, according to research by the International School Consultancy.
Who owns Kenya international school?
The International School of Kenya (ISK) is a private, non-profit PreK-Grade 12 school created in 1976 through a joint partnership between the governments of the United States and Canada.
Which is the cheapest international school in Kenya?
List Of The Cheapest IGCSE Schools in Kenya
- 1.1 1. Brookhurst International School.
- 1.2 2. Oshwal Academy.
- 1.3 3. Riara International School.
- 1.4 4. Rusinga School.
- 1.5 5. The Aga Khan Academy.
- 1.6 6. Hillcrest International School.
- 1.7 7. Banda School.
- 1.8 8. Peponi School.
Which country has the most international schools?
The United Arab Emirates and China now have the most international schools—about 550 English-speaking schools in each, according to ISC—but places as India, Vietnam, Bahrain, and Saudi Arabia are also seeing huge increases.
What country has the highest paid teachers?
Cost of living index: 39.46
Poland holds the unenviable distinction of being the first country on the list to pay their highest-earning teachers less than $30,000 a year — the top annual salary there is just $29,063.
Which is the most expensive school in Kenya?
The following are the top 10 most expensive schools in Kenya:
- International School of Kenya (Ksh 2,070,204 per year.) This is where the richest people in Kenya send their kids. …
- Greensteds International School ( KSH 1,010,000 per year) …
- St. …
- Brookhouse School (830,000ksh per year)
How much do international schools pay teachers in Kenya?
While in international schools based in Kenya, things are way different. Here a P1 teacher pockets around Ksh. 80,000 per month while a secondary teacher takes home about Ksh. 100,000.
What is middle school in Kenya?
Middle School includes grades 6, 7, and 8 and students range in age from 11 to 13 years. The academic schedule follows a block system; all classes meet three times per week. The following required subjects offer students the opportunities to develop skills and interests within the broader curriculum.
What qualifications do I need to teach in an international school in Kenya?
Qualifications to teach in international schools in Kenya
- Bachelor’s Degree in the subject(s) you intend to teach.
- Up-to-date (Recent) training in relevant subject(s) area including IB/IGCSE teacher training (in some cases)
- International Teacher certification from any accredited university/college (in some cases)
How much is Nairobi school fees?
The Nairobi Academy Fees Structure 2021
| Class|| Fees Structure|
| Year 9 (age 13-14)|| KES 291,000- Termly|
| Year 10 (age 14-15)|| KES 306,000- Termly|
| Year 11 (age 15-16)|| KES 918,000- Per Annum|
| Year 12 (age 16-17)|| KES 960,000 – Per Annum|
Which is the best primary school in Kenya?
The following is the list of the best private primary schools in Kenya.
- Cyber Junior Academy-Mombasa.
- Alimus Lean fields academy –Nairobi.
- All saints Academy-Sagana.
- Cornerstone Academy-Nairobi.
- Covenant Academy-Kisumu.
- Akiba School-Nairobi.
- Agbon Academy-Nairobi.
- Aldai Girls Primary Schools-Kapcheno.
Which school is the best in Kenya?
The Best Secondary Schools in Kenya 2010
|1||Alliance Girls High School||9.50|
|2||Sacho High Sec Sch||9.50|
|3||Moi Tea Girls Sec Sch||9.50|
|4||St. Francis Rang’ala Girls Secondary||9.50|
Which are the national schools in Kenya?
National Schools in Kenya.
Original list of seventeen (17) National Schools before others were elevated to National School status
- Nairobi school.
- Lenana School.
- Kenya High School.
- Starehe Boys Centre and School.
- Moi Forces Academy.
- Mangu High School.
- Alliance Boys High School.
- Alliance Girls High School.
How much does college cost in Kenya?
Tuition fees at Kenyan universities are between 1,380 USD – 5,000 USD per year. The cost of living for an average student ranges between 400 and 600 USD per month. According to the latest regulations from Kenya, international students are not allowed to work.