How do I get dual citizenship in Kenya?
- Declaration form duly completed Form 5.
- 2 (two) copies of valid Kenyan passport or identity card previously held.
- 2 (two) certified copies of valid Passport of the other country.
- 2 (two) certified copies of Naturalization Certificate of the other country.
- 2 (two) passport size pictures.
Who is eligible for dual citizenship?
A person in the United States may acquire dual citizenship in one of several ways, including: Being born in the United States to immigrant parents. Being born outside the United States to one parent who is a U.S. citizen, and another parent who is a citizen of another country.
Can Americans have dual citizenship in Kenya?
According to the Constitution of Kenya and the Kenya Citizenship and Immigration Act of 2011, the Dual Citizenship is permissible in Kenya. Kenya citizens who have acquired other nationalities are required to disclose their other citizenship by submitting the form available below.
Who is not allowed to have dual citizenship in Kenya?
(1) A person is not eligible for election or appointment to a State office unless the person is a citizen of Kenya. (2) A State officer or a member of the defence forces shall not hold dual citizenship.
Which countries have dual citizenship with Kenya?
Dual Citizenship – Embassy of the Republic of Kenya, Stockholm with accreditation to Sweden, Denmark, Finland, Iceland & Norway.
Do you need to declare dual citizenship?
U.S. law does not mention dual nationality or require a person to choose one nationality or another. A U.S. citizen may naturalize in a foreign state without any risk to his or her U.S. citizenship. … Dual nationals owe allegiance to both the United States and the foreign country.
Why dual citizenship is bad?
Drawbacks of being a dual citizen include the potential for double taxation, the long and expensive process for obtaining dual citizenship, and the fact that you become bound by the laws of two nations.
How do I know if I have dual citizenship?
The only way you would discover that you are a dual citizen is if you hold another nationality by descent. Gather a list of countries that you, your parents and grandparents were born in. Use the internet to research the citizenship laws of the countries listed.
What is the easiest country to get dual citizenship?
Here are five easiest countries to get dual citizenship:
- Argentina. Argentina is the fastest country to get citizenship. …
- Paraguay. You can obtain dual citizenship in Paraguay in just three years. …
- Italy. …
- Ireland. …
- Dominica. …
- So, you’re planning to move to one of these countries?
What is a person from Kenya called?
People from Kenya are called
How many citizenships does Kenya allow?
Kenya does NOT allow its citizens to hold Dual Nationality – that is, the right to become a citizen of a foreign country and to hold two (or more) passports. In order to become a citizen of a foreign country, the Kenyan national must renounce their citizenship.
How does one become a Kenyan citizen?
Citizenship by registration
- A person who has been married to a Kenyan citizen for at least seven years is entitled on application to be registered as a citizen.
- A person who has been lawfully a resident in Kenya for a continuous period of seven years may apply to be registered as a citizen.