Kenya’s M-Pesa mobile money service now works with China’s WeChat Pay. … Individuals and businesses can send funds to China by either downloading Family Bank’s PesaPap app, through M-Pesa, or by dialing a USSD code in Kenya. Non-customers too will also access the service via a dedicated pay bill number on M-PESA.
Does WeChat work in Kenya?
Kenya’s M-Pesa users can now send money directly to WeChat users in China. In Kenya, you cannot do business smoothly if you are not on M-Pesa. It is the preferred mode of payment for most small-scale traders; who make the bulk of businesses in the country.
Where is WeChat Pay available?
Transactions are carried out with the Hong Kong dollar. In 2019 it was reported that Chinese users can use WeChat Pay in 25 countries outside of China, including, Italy, South Africa and the UK.
How can I send money from Kenya to China?
Individuals and businesses can now send funds to China through Family Bank’s PesaPap app, Safaricom’s M-Pesa or by texting USSD using the code *325#. The service opens a faster and less expensive money transfer option between Kenya and China through the Tencent-owned WeChat social media platform.
How can I send money from WeChat to mpesa?
How to send Mpesa money to WeChat
- Go to Mpesa menu.
- Select Lipa na Mpesa.
- Select Paybill.
- Enter business number 4012867.
- Under Account Number, enter the recipient mobile phone number including the country prefix for example +86 xxxxxxx.
- Enter amount you wish to send.
- Enter Mpesa PIN.
How do I receive money from WeChat?
Open WeChat and go to “Me > WeChat Pay > Money” option. You will see multiple options under the QR code. Tap on “Receive Money” to view another QR code.
How can I open a WeChat account in Kenya?
To start the WeChat Official Account Registration Process please click on this link.
- Step 1: Select an account type. …
- Step 2: Enter the available email address, verify it and set up the password for this account.
- Step 3: Select your company or organisation’s current region. …
- Step 4: Input the business and admin’s basic info.
Can you use WeChat Pay without Chinese bank account?
Simply enter your Visa credit-card number here even though it is not a Chinese bank account. It should work. Now usually this is the point where WeChat can ask you for more information such as your ID and passport details so proceed to provide that info. Currently, WeChat is allowing foreigners to proceed with it.
Which country Cannot use WeChat?
WeChat censors politically sensitive topics in China. Data transmitted by accounts registered outside China is surveilled, analyzed and used to build up censorship algorithms in China. In response to a border dispute between India and China, WeChat was banned in India in June 2020 along with several Chinese apps.
How do I enable WeChat wallet?
How to easily set up Wechat Payments
- Step 1: Activate WeChat Wallet. a. Launch your WeChat app and navigate to the “Me” section of the app. b. Click on “Wallet” to continue the setup. …
- Step 2: Add Bank Card. a. In the “Wallets” options, click on “Cards” b. Click on “Add New Card”
Can I use Alipay in Kenya?
Chinese tourists will be able pay for various hospitality services using Alipay and WeChat Pay while East African traders will be able to purchase goods from China using the Chinese mobile payments. …
How do I send money through Western Union in Kenya?
Send money online
- Log in. Log in to your online banking account at the respective Western Union agent.
- Fill in transfer details. Enter the receiver name, receiving country and the amount, then pay for the transfer.
- Send with confidence. Share your tracking number (MTCN)1 with your receiver.
What is Simba pay in family bank?
Money sent by Family Bank customers and non-customers via the SimbaPay service is instantly delivered to WeChat Pay recipients in Chinese Yuan. This service offers the sender a chance to review the transaction and exchange rate applicable before releasing the payment.
Can you transfer WeChat money to Paypal?
for people who wants recharge paypal account, you can pay by both wechat and alipay for the paypal top up service. but you have to be chinese to get the service. they only serve for chinese who stay abroad.
Can I use WeChat in Africa?
Before the official entrance, there were already African users on WeChat, and now, Africans still use WeChat, the only difference is that it no longer has an official presence. The African arm of its parent company, Tencent Africa still exists and is working on other endeavours.
How do I register for Alipay Kenya?
Yes, Foreigners Can Use Alipay — This Is How
- Step 1: Download Alipay and Sign Up with Your Phone Number. …
- Step 2: Add Your Bank Card. …
- Step 3: Enter Your Bank Card Info. …
- Step 4: Confirm Your Phone Number and Other Info Registered With Your Bank. …
- Step 5: Make Payments!