What is the Yoruba name of sandalwood?
Camwood (Baphia nitida) is a tree predominantly found in West Africa from Sierra Leone to Cameroon, and is also known as the African Sandalwood in English and Iyerosun in Yoruba.
Is camwood same as sandalwood?
Baphia nitida, also known as camwood, barwood, and African sandalwood (although not a true sandalwood), is a shrubby, leguminous, hard-wooded tree from central west Africa. … The wood is of a very fine colour, and is used in woodturning for making knife handles and similar articles.
Is red sandalwood same as camwood?
The Red Sandalwood has a distinctive aroma while the Camwood Powder has a shrubby smell. The Red Sandalwood has a counterpart which is the White Sandalwood, both grown in parts of Asia but the Camwood Powder doesn’t have a counterpart or substitute.
What is Osun used for?
Osun (Camwood) is a natural exfoliant that removes dead skin for a radiant look. Palm kernel oil is known for preventing fine lines.
What is Yoruba name for cinnamon?
Cinnamon is called Oloorun in Yoruba. It is a beneficial spice that has great medicinal effects.
What is Osun in Yoruba?
Oshun, also spelled Osun, an orisha (deity) of the Yoruba people of southwestern Nigeria. Oshun is commonly called the river orisha, or goddess, in the Yoruba religion and is typically associated with water, purity, fertility, love, and sensuality.
Can we apply sandalwood on face daily?
5. Use red sandalwood powder along with curd and milk to improve uneven skin tone. Mix 1 tablespoon of red sandalwood powder, half tablespoon of turmeric, 2 tablespoon of curd and milk each to make a face pack. … Prepare a simple pack with 2 tablespoons of red sandalwood and 2 tablespoon of milk and apply it everyday.
Does sandalwood darken the skin?
Enough scientific evidence is not available for the role of Sandalwood in causing skin darkening. However, some people might experience scar or hyperpigmentation on exposure to sunlight after applying Sandalwood.
How do you use sandalwood powder?
How can sandalwood be used at home?
- apply it directly to your skin.
- put a few drops in your lotion.
- heat it in a small kettle of water to scent your home.
- evaporate it using an essential oil infuser.
- add it to your bath water.
What are the benefits of sandalwood powder?
Healing Health Incentives Of Sandalwood Powder/ Oil
- Promotes Skin Health. …
- Sandalwood DIY Face Packs. …
- Acne And Blackhead Removal Pack. …
- Suntan and Pigmentation Pack. …
- Fairer Skin Complexion Pack. …
- Hair Health. …
- Relaxant. …
- Astringent Property.
What is the English name for Osun fruit?
Common names: black camwood, Lagos camwood, bloodwood (English), Osun dudu, Gbingbin (Yoruba), Akwara (Igbo), Ukme (Edo). seeds: brownish-orange, almost globose, and slightly pointed at the apex, containing 4 – 5 hard, shiny, dark brown seeds which are ellipsoid in shape and embedded in reddish pulp.
What are the benefits of sandalwood for skin?
6 fantastic things sandalwood can do your skin that we bet you didn’t know about
- It has anti-ageing properties. …
- A cure for pimples and acne. …
- It removes scars and softens the skin. …
- It has anti-tanning properties. …
- It can save your skin from prickly heat. …
- Sandalwood can treat eczema.
Does Dudu Osun remove dark spots?
Dudu Osun restores damaged skin and is helpful in healing chronic eczema, acne, freckles, and dark spots.
Does Dudu Osun make you lighter?
It can deeply clean the skin without removing its essential oil. The cocoa ash improves the exfoliation and it truly lightens the skin. Many women who have either dark spots on their skin or uneven tone notice how the black soap can even everything out and give a lighter overall look.