Although relatively small in area and population, Ghana is one of the leading countries of Africa, partly because of its considerable natural wealth and partly because it was the first black African country south of the Sahara to achieve independence from colonial rule.
What are two important things about Ghana?
Fun Facts About Ghana
- The country is the second largest producer of gold in Africa.
- Ghana is the worlds second largest producer of cocoa beans.
- The colourful national costume is made from handwoven cloth called kente.
What was important about Ghana in 1957?
In 1957, when the leaders of the former British colony of the Gold Coast sought an appropriate name for their newly independent state—the first black African nation to gain its independence from colonial rule—they named their new country after ancient Ghana.
What makes Ghana so special?
The country has been able to maintain political stability for many years and according to the Global Peace Index, Ghana is Africa’s most peaceful country, having been ranked 40th in the world. The locals you meet will always tell you, “Ghana is free. Ghana is peaceful.”
What are 5 facts about Ghana?
Facts about Ghana
- Ghana was the first country in sub-Saharan Africa to gain independence post-colonialism. …
- Ghana was ranked as Africa’s most peaceful country by the Global Peace Index.
- Lake Volta, in the Volta region of the country, is the world’s largest man-made lake. …
- The currency unit in Ghana is called the cedi.
Is Ghana rich or poor?
Significant progress has been made in poverty reduction. In fact, Ghana is the first country in Sub-Saharan Africa to achieve the Millenium Development Goal 1, which is the target of halving extreme poverty. Ghana has recently become a middle income country.
How old is Ghana now 2020?
Ghana be de first country for sub-Saharan Africa wey gain independence on 6th March, 1957. Today be exactly 64 years since Ghana wrestle dema freedom British colonial authority to manage dema own affairs.
Who gave the name Ghana?
Eventually, this objective was achieved on March 6, 1957 under the leadership of Dr. Kwame Nkrumah who had broken away from the UGCC to form the Convention People’s Party (CPP). Thus, the Gold Coast on the eve of its freedom from British rule became known as Ghana-named after the medieval Ghana Empire of West Africa.
Who is the most popular person in Ghana?
1. Jackie Appiah. It is no surprise that the beautiful actress Jakie Appiah is the most followed celebrity in Ghana with a total of 8.1 million followers.
What makes Ghana beautiful?
Ghana is a beautiful cultural-filled country located in the western part of Africa. It is a small country that has impressive tourist sites to show the world. … With its sunny beaches, lively cities, friendly people, and easy methods of travelling around the country – Ghana is a great place to visit for tourists.
Is Ghana a peaceful country?
Ghana dey rank as 2nd most peaceful country in Africa, according to Global Peace Index Report 2021. … IEP be independent, non-partisan, non-profit think tank who dey research on peace achievable target for human development. De West African state also rank 38th most peaceful in de world with score of 1.715.