When did Nigeria have her second recorded census?
This time, after some delay, the figures were officially announced in March 1992—there were just under 89 million people in the country. Fifteen years later, in 2006, another census was conducted and the population was announced to have grown by more than 50% to 140 million.
What was Nigeria population as at 2006?
(April 2007) Provisional results of the 2006 census in Nigeria show that Kano in the north is Nigeria’s most populous state (9.4 million), followed by Lagos (9.0 million) in the south. Northern states account for 75 million people, while the southern states are home to 65 million. The total population was 140 million.
What are the two types of census?
Population censuses typically use one of two approaches:
- De facto – meaning enumeration of individuals as of where they are found in the census, regardless of where they normally reside.
- De jure – meaning enumeration of individuals as of where they usually reside, regardless of where they are on census day.
Who divided Nigeria into 12 states?
General Yakubu Gowon was head of state of Nigeria from August 1966 to July 1975. He reorganized the four regions into twelve states in May 1967.
Which tribe is the poorest in Nigeria?
The poorest tribes in Nigeria 2021
- Igbo. After the Civil War, people of this ethnicity continued to suffer. …
- Yoruba. This is another great ethnicity of the country. …
- Fulani. This group lives in such states, as Plateau. …
- Hausa. …
- Kanufi. …
- Kanuri. …
- Uncinda. …
Which is richest state in Nigeria?
Top 10 Richest States In Nigeria (2021)
- Lagos State – IGR: ₦399 billion. …
- Ogun State – IGR: ₦71 billion. …
- Delta state – IGR: ₦65 billion. …
- Kaduna state – IGR: ₦44 billion. …
- Kano state – IGR: ₦40 billion. …
- Akwa Ibom – IGR: ₦32 billion. …
- Enugu state – IGR: ₦31 billion. …
- Kwara state- IGR: ₦31 billion.
Which is the oldest state in Nigeria?
The First and Oldest Storey Building in Nigeria
Deducing from the dates of creation of states in the country, Cross River, Lagos, Kaduna, Kano, Kwara and Rivers states respectively are the oldest states in Nigeria.
Which state is the best in Nigeria?
List Of 10 Best States in Nigeria to live in (in no particular order)
- Port Harcourt.
- Akwa Ibom.
Which state is the smallest in Nigeria?
Lagos State | 3,345 sq km
Lagos is estimated to be 22 times smaller than Niger state which is the largest state in the country. Despite being the smallest state in the country, Lagos has the highest population at over 20 million inhabitants. Let’s take a look at some interesting facts about Lagos.
Which state has the smallest population in Nigeria?
The Smallest States in Nigeria and Their Population
- Bayelsa State | 1,703,358.
- Nasarawa State | 1,863,275.
- Ebonyi State | 2,173,501.
- Taraba State | 2,300,736.
- Yobe State | 2,321,591.
- Gombe State | 2,353,879.
- Kwara State | 2,371,089.
- Ekiti State | 2,384,212.