Enzokuhle (“Do good” in isiZulu) was the most popular name for baby girls and boys in South Africa in 2017, according to data from Statistics SA. Dlamini was the most common surname for both sexes followed by Nkosi and Ndlovu.
What is the most common name in South Africa?
Most Popular First Names In South Africa
What are common South African names?
Top most registered surnames of babies in South Africa 2016
- Dlamini (1)
- Nkosi (2)
- Ndlovu (3)
- Khumalo (4)
- Sithole (5)
- Mokoena (6)
- Mkhize (7)
- Ngcobo (9)
What are South African male names?
South African Boys Names: Most Popular Names for Boys in South Africa
What is a common African name?
- Monday – Kojo (male), Adwoa (female)
- Tuesday – Kwabena (male), Abena (female)
- Wednesday – Kwaku (male), Ekua (female)
- Thursday – Yaw (male), Yaa (female)
- Friday – Kofi (male), Efua (female)
- Saturday – Kwame (male), Ama (female)
- Sunday – Akwesi (male), Akosua, (female)
What is the most common girl name in South Africa?
Dlamini was the most common surname among babies born and registered in 2014, the report stated. “Obviously, when a child is born and they are not named yet, they may call you ‘Junior’ or ‘Baby,’” Lehohla said.
Popular baby names in South Africa.
|Female Baby Names|
|Rank||Female first name||Number|
What does Kaya mean in African?
LANGUAGE FAMILY: afro-asiatic ORIGIN: african (zulu) NAME ROOT: i-khaya. MEANING: This name derives from the African (Zulu) “i-khaya”, meaning “dwelling, abode, home”.
Does South Africa have a name?
Since 1961, the long formal name in English has been the “Republic of South Africa” and Republiek van Suid-Afrika in Afrikaans. Since 1994, the country has had an official name in each of its 11 official languages.
What is the most common name in 2020?
Top 10 Baby Names of 2020
|Rank||Male name||Female name|
What are some African boy names?
Top African boy names
- Aadan. Meaning ”son of Adam” this name is the Somali version of the name Adam.
- Abidemi. With west African origins, this name means ”born during his fathers absence”.
- Amari. This African male name means ”possesses great strength”
- Bamidele. …
- Chima. …
- Chiumbo. …
- Diallo. …
What African name means warrior?
Andreas (African origin) meaning “warrior”, is one of the most powerful African baby names.
What are African names?
Popular Baby Names , origin african
|Abiona||Born on a journey||African|
|Ada||First daughter. (Nigerian).||African|
|Adah||First daughter. (Nigerian).||African|
|Adamma||Child of beauty||African|