Exceeding 2.38 million square kilometers as of 2020, Algeria is the African country with the largest area. The Democratic Republic of the Congo and Sudan follow with a total area of around 2.34 million and 1.86 million square kilometers, respectively.
What are the 10 largest countries in Africa?
Here is a list of the top ten largest countries in square miles:
- Algeria (919,352 square miles)
- Democratic Republic of Congo (905,115 square miles)
- Sudan (728,022 square miles)
- Libya (679,192 square miles)
- Chad (495,624 square miles)
- Niger (489,062 square miles)
- Angola (481,226 square miles)
- Mali (478,714 square miles)
What is the largest country in Africa and why?
1) Algeria (2,381,741 square kilometers)
Algeria is the largest nation in Africa by area. It is the tenth largest country in the world. Approximately 90 percent of Algeria is desert. Algeria’s defense budget is the largest in Africa.
Which is bigger Russia or Africa?
Africa is 1.77 times as big as Russia
At about 30.3 million km2 (11.7 million square miles) including adjacent islands, it covers 6% of Earth’s total surface area and 20% of its land area. … Algeria is Africa’s largest country by area, and Nigeria is its largest by population.
What is the most beautiful country in Africa?
the 5 most beautiful African countries
- South Africa (40 years ago)
- Kenya (40 years ago)
Which country is richest country?