How do I patent a brand name in South Africa?
You do not need to be a South African citizen to register a trade mark, but you must be using the trade mark in the Republic of South Africa. To register the trade mark you must have a business address in South Africa.
How do I register a brand name?
Here’s how you can apply for trademark:
- Decide on your unique brand name and logo. …
- Conduct an online search. …
- Fill-in the trademark application. …
- Filing for the brand name registration application. …
- Scrutinizing of your brand name registration application. …
- Publication in Indian Trade Mark Journals.
How do I register my clothing brand in South Africa?
File a South African trademark application for your clothing line brand within a few minutes at a cost of only $80:
- Check that your brand has not already been registered at the South African trademarks office (CIPC);
- Register on the Iptica online South African Trademark Filing System;
What are the 3 types of trademarks?
Different Types of Trademarks
- Descriptive Trademarks;
- Merely Descriptive Trademarks;
- Generic Trademarks;
How do you register a logo name?
Registering a trademark for a company name is pretty straightforward. Many businesses can file an application online in less than 90 minutes, without a lawyer’s help. The simplest way to register is on the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office’s Web site, www.uspto.gov.
How do I protect my brand name?
One of the best ways to protect your intellectual property is to register a trademark for your brand name, logo, designs, slogans, and any words associated with your brand. Obtaining a registered trademark for your brand’s IP will allow you to use the registered trademark symbol “®” in conjunction with these assets.
How do I protect my business name?
Trademark. A trademark can protect the name of your business, goods, and services at a national level. Trademarks prevent others in the same (or similar) industry in the United States from using your trademarked names.
How do I patent an idea in South Africa?
Apply for your patent
- File a provisional application – This may be undertaken by the applicant with or without the assistance of an attorney.
- File a complete application – This must be signed by a patent attorney.
- File a PCT (Patent Cooperation Treaty) application (if applicable).
How do I know if a brand name is taken?
Before you apply, you should search the USPTO’s trademark database (Trademark Electronic Search System, or TESS) to see if any trademark has already been registered or applied for that is: Similar to your trademark. Used on related products or for related services, and. Live.
How do I find my brand name?
How to check if a brand name (Trademark) is registered in India
- Make a list of proposed Brand name’s (Trademark)
- Find the exact class of the product or services.
- Go to Trademark public search.
- Now you need to write the brand name (trademark) in the next column.
How do I get a brand certificate?
Guide: How to Register Trademark For Your Brand in India
- Step 1: Search for a “crazy-enough” brand name. …
- Step 2: Making the trademark application. …
- Step 3: Filling the brand name registration application. …
- Step 4: Examining the brand name registration application. …
- Step 5: Publication in the Indian Trade Mark Journals.