It takes 16 years to become a cardiologist in South Africa. South Africa currently has about 175 active, registered cardiologists practising in the country, of which only about 35 are in public service or working in training centres.
How do I become a cardiologist in South Africa?
Additional Requirements: before commencing post-graduate study for specialisation as a cardiologist, the candidate must:
- be in possession of a MBChB degree for 2 years.
- be registered as a medical doctor with the Health Professions Souncil of South Africa (HPCSA) for 1 year.
How many years does it take to be a cardiologist?
It usually takes 10-13 years to become a cardiologist. They specialise in treating diseases like congenital heart defects, heart failure, coronary artery diseases and valvular heart diseases.
How many cardiologists are there in South Africa?
‘In South Africa, we have 163 cardiologists for a population of 55 million which is clearly not enough. We produce only 10% of cardiologists per million of the population compared to Brazil which is also a poor country.
How much is a cardiologist paid in South Africa?
Which is the highest paid job in South Africa?
List Of The Top Ten Highest Paying Jobs And Careers In South Africa
- IT Managers. First on our list of highest-paying jobs in South Africa is ICT. …
- Pilot. …
- Chartered Accountant. …
- Actuary. …
- Specialist Doctors. …
- Software Engineers. …
- Petroleum Engineers. …
- Management Consultant.
How many years does it take to become a neurologist in South Africa?
– Theoretical training: 5 years. – Student internship: 1 year. – Practical work at a hospital: 1 year (also known as the house doctor year). Post-graduate study for specialization as a neurologist: MMed or FCP(SA): 4 years – e.g. UCT, UFS, US, UL,UP, Wits.
What is the easiest doctor to become?
A general practice doctor has the least amount of requirements for any medical doctor. While these doctors do still have four years of medical school and one to two years of residency after completing four years of undergraduate education, this is the minimum amount of education any medical doctor must undergo.
What is the richest type of doctor?
General practitioners, including family doctors and pediatricians, are among the highest-paid doctors. Dentists, orthodontists, and prosthodontists also have high salaries. Anesthesiologists are paid more than any other type of doctor.
Is Cardiologist a good career?
Career as a Cardiologist is rewarding not only position-wise but also financially. Due to increase in heart patients, number of super specialty heart care centres opens and this will broaden the scope for cardiologists. … A cardiologist can work as a doctor in hospital and can also become a lecturer in medical colleges.
Is it hard to be a cardiologist?
To become a cardiologist is not an easy task. Getting through medical school, residency and then getting accepted into the most competitive fellowship program out there is tough.
What is the best heart hospital?
10 best hospitals for cardiology and heart surgery, ranked by US News & World Report
- Cleveland Clinic.
- Mayo Clinic (Rochester, Minn.)
- Cedars-Sinai Medical Center (Los Angeles)
- NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital-Columbia and Cornell (New York City)
- Massachusetts General Hospital (Boston)
- Mount Sinai Hospital (New York City)