partly because technology is reducing the demand for low-skilled workers.” Another reason, says the magazine, is that weak infrastructure—lack of electricity, poor roads and congested ports—drives up the cost of moving raw materials and shipping out finished goods.
What are the factors affecting Industrialisation?
Factors that influence industrialization include natural resources, capital, workers, technology, consumers, transportation systems, and a cooperative government.
What are the factors inhibiting Industrialisation?
The following are some of the major problems and obstacles that are being faced in the process of industrialization of the country:
- Poor Capital Formation: …
- Political Factors: …
- Lack of Infrastructural Facilities: …
- Poor Performance of the Agricultural Sector: …
- Gaps between Targets and Achievements:
What are the problems of industrialization in Africa?
Underdevelopment of the middle class, low savings, high criminality, corruption, high levels of debt, lack of capital and skills are problems that hinder the process of industrialization in Africa.
What is preventing Africa from developing?
Most African nations suffer from military dictatorships, corruption, civil unrest and war, underdevelopment and deep poverty. The majority of the countries classified by the UN as least developed are in Africa. Numerous development strategies have failed to yield the expected results.
What are the 6 factors of industrialization?
Terms in this set (6)
- 1st factor. better transportaton.
- 2nd factor. stable govt.
- 3rd factor. stable economy.
- 4th factor. human resources.
- 5th factor. natural resources.
- 6th factor. new technology.
What were the 5 factors of industrialization?
Terms in this set (5)
- Natural Resources (coal,lumber)
- Labor Supply (immigrant)
- Advanced Transportation (railroads)
- Labor-Saving Technologies (400,000 patents)
- Friendly-Government policies (subsidizing the railroads)
What are the industry factors?
Industrial location factors
- power supply.
- communications – including transport, telecommunications.
- labour supply – including workers with the right skills.
- access to market – where the goods are sold.
- grants and financial incentives – usually from governments.
- raw materials.
What are the types of industrialization?
Industrialization is usually divided into one of five categories: physical environment, raw materials, services, application of information and the knowledge sector.
Why is Africa called the Dark Continent?
Africa was known as the “Dark Continent” because it remained unexplored for a fairly long period of time. Factors that made is difficult for the explorer to venture in to the continent of africa were: The largest desert in the world, the Sahara Desert acted as a natural barrier for the European explorers.
Which African country exports the most?
Top African Export Countries