|Rank||Country||Nominal GDP ($ billions)|
Which country has the strongest economy in Africa?
GDP of African countries 2020, by country
Nigeria’s GDP amounted to 443 billion U.S. dollars in 2020 and records the highest gross domestic product in Africa. Egypt’s GDP was worth 362 billion U.S. dollars and ranks as the second-highest on the continent.
Who is the richest country in Africa?
Africa: Continent’s Richest Countries
- Nigeria – The west African country has the largest economy in the continent that stands at $446.5 billion. …
- South Africa-With a GDP that amounts to $371.3 billion, South Africa went into a recession after two consecutive quarters of negative GDP growth.
Is South Africa richer than Nigeria?
Although Nigeria has the highest GDP of any African country, its GDP per capita is not in the top ten countries for GDP per capita. Seychelles is the richest country when using this metric. … Nigeria ($404.65 Bn) South Africa ($295.44 Bn)
What is the poorest country in Africa?
The ten poorest countries in Africa, with their GDP per capita, are: Somalia ($500) Central African Republic ($681) Democratic Republic of the Congo ($785)
Poorest Countries In Africa 2021.
|GDP (IMF ’19)||$61.03 Bn|
|GDP (UN ’16)||–|
Is Nigeria richer than India?
India has a GDP per capita of $7,200 as of 2017, while in Nigeria, the GDP per capita is $5,900 as of 2017.
Which country is Africa super power?
As of 2021, Egypt was considered the most powerful African country by its conventional fighting capacity, achieving a score of 0.22.
Which state is the richest in Nigeria?
Top 10 Richest States In Nigeria (2021)
- Lagos State – IGR: ₦399 billion. …
- Ogun State – IGR: ₦71 billion. …
- Delta state – IGR: ₦65 billion. …
- Kaduna state – IGR: ₦44 billion. …
- Kano state – IGR: ₦40 billion. …
- Akwa Ibom – IGR: ₦32 billion. …
- Enugu state – IGR: ₦31 billion. …
- Kwara state- IGR: ₦31 billion.