What is the most common African last name?
Most Popular African Last Names Or Surnames:
- Abara: Originating from the Igbo group of West Africa, Abara means ‘spirit’.
- Abebe: The genesis of this Ethiopian name is Amharic, and it means ‘flower’ or ‘blossom’.
- Abimbola: …
- Abiodun: …
- Abioye: …
- Acheampong: …
- Achebe: …
What are some Nigerian last names?
Most Common Last Names In Nigeria
Do African tribes have last names?
Tribal, colonial, and linguistic influences all have a part to play. Many African countries also went without native last names until their colonizers imposed them. Given names, therefore, were adopted in local languages as surnames.
What are the rarest last names?
Here are 100 of the Rarest Last Names in the U.S. as of the 2010 Census
What is a typical Nigerian surname?
Ibrahim is the most common surname but there are more Nigerian last names that are common and popular that you may hear more than a couple of times in a day. 1. Abara (Igbo origin) This surname means “spirit”. 2.
What is the most common name in Nigeria?
Most Popular First Names In Nigeria
What is a good African name?
Popular Baby Names , origin african
|Abimbola||Born to be wealthy||African|
|Abiodun||Nigerian name given to one born during war.||African|
|Abiola||Nigerian name given to one born during the New Year.||African|
|Abiona||Born on a journey||African|
What is the most common Dutch last name?
Top 10 most common Dutch surnames
- De Jong. (86,534 in 2007) De Jong in 2007. …
- Jansen. (75,698 in 2007) Jansen in 2007. …
- De Vries. (73,152 in 2007) De Vries in 2007. …
- Van de Berg / van den Berg / van der Berg. (60,135 in 2007) …
- Van Dijk. (57,879 in 2007) …
- Bakker. (56,864 in 2007) …
- Janssen. (55,394 in 2007) …
- Visser. (50,929 in 2007)
What are some unique last names?
Unique Last Names