|Abayomi||Nigerian name meaning bringer of happiness.||African|
|Abdalla||Servant of God. (Swahili).||African|
|Abdu||Worshiper of God||African|
|Abebe||Asked for (Nigerian).||African|
What are some common African names?
- Monday – Kojo (male), Adwoa (female)
- Tuesday – Kwabena (male), Abena (female)
- Wednesday – Kwaku (male), Ekua (female)
- Thursday – Yaw (male), Yaa (female)
- Friday – Kofi (male), Efua (female)
- Saturday – Kwame (male), Ama (female)
- Sunday – Akwesi (male), Akosua, (female)
What are some cool African names?
What are popular African names?
- Abdullah. Servant of God.
- Amari. Meaning eternal. …
- Bongani. The grateful one.
- Femi. The full name is usually Olufemi. …
- Hakim. The ruler. …
- Lethabo. Often shortened to Thabo, this popular name means happiness and joy.
- Mandla. Strength. …
What is the most popular name in Africa?
The most popular names in South Africa right now
- Enzokuhle (“Do good” in isiZulu) was the most popular name for baby girls and boys in South Africa in 2017, according to data from Statistics SA.
- Dlamini was the most common surname for both sexes followed by Nkosi and Ndlovu.
- More boys were born in 2017 than girls.
What are cute African girl names?
Read on to follow the list of the trending cute and unique African names for baby girls.
- Adah. A Hebrew origin name, Adah means ‘a beautiful ornament. …
- Aaliyah. One of the most popular names across the country, Aaliyah is simply wonderful! …
- Audre. …
- Adaliya. …
- Adelaide. …
- Alyssa. …
- Aurelia. …
What African name means life?
Eshe: This one is very pretty and simple, but its Swahili meaning of “life, energy” is anything but subtle. Hasina: It lends to cute nicknames Hassie, Sisi, or Sina, and the Swahili word for “good” makes this a stellar African girl name.
What is the African name for love?
Mahaba (mah-ha-bah) – ‘love’
What is an African name for Queen?
Fari African name means queen. Danica Barnard is the present queen of Africa. If you are looking for modern queen names, this is just the right list for you. 61.
What is the African name for God?
Mlondolozi (also spelled Mlondolozi, Nkulunkulu, and in other variants) is a common name of the creator deity in a number of Bantu languages and cultures over East, Central and Southern Africa. This includes Yao, Nyamwezi, Shambaa, Kamba, Sukuma, Rufiji, Turu and Kikuyu.
What African name means king?
Here are some examples of African names meaning king: Oba – King. Eze – King. Malik – King.
What name is most used in the world?
Top Names Over the Last 100 Years