What degree do you need to be a radio presenter?
There are no specific qualifications to become a radio presenter. You can study anything and still end up in radio, but it helps if you go into the right area. Courses related to acting or voice acting, speaking, or personality development will look pretty good on your CV when applying for a presenter job.
What qualifications do I need to be a radio presenter in South Africa?
What qualifications do I need to be a radio presenter? A high school degree is the minimum educational requirement for radio DJs, though they can improve their chances of landing a job by getting a bachelor’s degree with a concentration in broadcasting, journalism or media communications.
How do I get into radio presenting?
Typical entry requirements: You can get into radio presenting through a college course, by volunteering, applying directly, or through specialist training courses. You could attend college to learn skills in using sampling equipment, mixers, digital controllers, and decks.
What should I study to work in radio?
For radio engineers, it is important to have a bachelor’s degree, especially for higher-level positions. A 4-year degree in electrical engineering or computer engineering would probably be the most relevant for this career.
How much do SA radio presenters earn?
The average salary for a presenter is R 5 690 per month in South Africa.
What skills do presenters need?
- excellent communication and presentation skills.
- performance skills and a clear voice.
- the ability to generate original ideas.
- a personable and confident manner.
- a broad range of interests, including current affairs.
- good research and interviewing skills.
- the confidence and the ability to sell yourself.
Who is the best radio presenter in South Africa?
Top 10 Radio Presenters with the Best Voices Ever!
- Pabi Moloi of 96.4 Metro Fm has a very unique voice that is both intriguing and interesting. …
- Mark Pilgrim from 94.5 Kfm is the type of guy you wouldn’t mind hearing all the time. …
- Anele Mdoda from 94.7 Hiveld Stereo has the perfect voice that just draws you completely.
How much do South African radio DJs earn?