A Foreign Company is a Company registered outside Kenya, under the laws of that country and given compliance under Kenyan Law to do Business in Kenya. Companies incorporated outside of Kenya can do business in Kenya by registering a branch.
Can a foreign company operate in Kenya?
A foreign company cannot conduct business in Kenya unless it is duly registered in Kenya or an application is pending for registration in Kenya but the same has not been processed within the prescribed period.
How can a foreigner register a company in Kenya?
To register it, the CR1, CR8 and Statement of Capital forms need to be filled, and a memorandum of the company and its articles of association should be drafted. The names, addresses, passport photos, KRA PIN certificates and a copy of their IDs, local or alien, of the directors and shareholders, are also required.
How do I register a branch in Kenya?
Requirements for Registering a Branch Company includes the following ;
- Certified copies of the parent Company’s Certificate of Incorporation.
- Certified copies of the Charter, Statutes or Memorandum and Articles of Association of the parent Company.
How do I register a company branch?
How to register a branch office in India
- FNC form duly signed by AR;
- Information about the parent company along with its certificate of incorporation attested by a Notary Public or the Indian Embassy in the country of registration;
- The incorporation documents of the branch office to be established in India;
How do I register a company in Kenya 2020?
How do I register a business in Kenya? You create an account at the government services website ecitizen.go.ke. Then you go to the Attorney General section, where you do first a name search. After a successful name search and registration, you need to start another application, which is the company registration.
How do you check if a company is registered in Kenya?
how do you check if a company is registered in Kenya?
- Search for E Citizen on Google and Log In using your credentials and then Click on to the Business Registration Service Link.
- Click on Make Application. …
- Use the Company Name or Company registration Number to Search in the Space Provided.
What is required to register a company in Kenya?
To register a company in Kenya you shall require the following information and documents.
- Proposed company names for name search approval. …
- Objectives of the Company. …
- Names of the shareholders in Full.
- Names of the Directors in full if different from the shareholders.
- Contact information of the directors / shareholders.
Is a branch office a separate legal entity?
Liability (con) Because they are not separate entities, branch offices provide no liability protection for a parent company. The parent is on the hook for any legal issues that may arise.
How do I register a foreign company?
You can register a foreign (out-of-state) corporation in California by filing a Statement and Designation by Foreign Corporation (Form S&DC-S/N), along with a Certificate of Good Standing, to the Secretary of State’s office. There is a $100 filing fee.
How are companies taxed in Kenya?
Tax rates. The current corporate tax rate applicable in Kenya is 30% in the case of resident corporations (i.e. limited liability companies). … The tax is computed on the taxable income of a company, having deducted expenses which are wholly and exclusively incurred in the production of income.